Catholic Mission & Identity Consultant
Danny has been a Catholic mission and identity consultant for the past five years, with clients such as Boston College, Saint John's Preparatory School, and Boston College High School. His consultancy focuses on institutional mission and identity, professional development and strategic planning for mission, and mission and ministry program design, marketing, facilitation, assessment, and enrollment management.
Institutional Mission & Identity
- What does it mean to be a Catholic school today? How is Catholic identity lived out among students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and the board?
- What does it mean to be a Catholic school in a pluralistic society? Can we be both inclusive and Catholic?
- What does it mean to be a Catholic school when there is increasing lay leadership and decreasing men and women religious on campus?
- How is the religious charism animated on campus? Does the charism align, intersect, or come into conflict with the Catholic identity of the school?
- What does it mean to be an all-boys school today? How does brotherhood operate on campus?
Featured Consulting Project
XAVERIAN AND CATHOLIC IDENTITY PROJECT (2015-2016)
- Saint John's Preparatory School (Danvers, MA)
- Xaverian Brothers Sponsored School
- Analyzed the findings of the SJP Xaverian Brothers Sponsored Schools Mission Effectiveness Report
- Developed interview protocol and conducted focus groups of faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and trustees
- Created executive summary of major themes including suggested actionable items for administration and faculty
professional development and strategic planning for Mission - clients
For executive-level administrators, board members, faculty and staff in Catholic education
- How do we animate a vibrant Catholic campus culture?
- How does Catholic social teaching information campus culture, policies, and practice (curriculum and co-curriculum)?
- How do we engage our students in the Catholic faith, while also being inclusive to non-Catholic students?
- As a non-Catholic or "unchurched" Catholic, how do I participate in the life and the mission of the school?
- How do we assess the mission?
Featured Consulting Projects
- Boston College, Lynch School of Education
- Strategic planning for executive-level administrators (presidents, provosts, deans, etc.) in Catholic higher education
- Boston College, School of Theology and Ministry
- Conference on Catholic Campus Ministry in Higher Education
- Boston College High School
- Faculty training around masculinity and men's gender identity development and how it operates at an all-boys school